Welcome to the Existential Café!
Les Deux Magots (in Paris, France) was one of the places where French existentialists met each other and here in a globally large Café, we try to initiate a new meeting with those who are interested in existentialism and existential psychology. You can also our Twitter page for latest and microblogged information.
Both existentialism and existential psychology are alive today but our point of view should not be considered as trend-seeking. In other words, we do not believe either Theory A or Theory B because one of them is fashionable but rather try to understand the world around and in us. Therefore, our main aim is to understand or try to re-understand the theoretical foundations of existentialism and then apply this information to understand the main topic of scientific adventure: why do people behave as they do?
Hope to enjoy your stay.
Dogan Kokdemir, Ph.D
dogan [AT] kokdemir[.]info
What to read?
- Adam of Arda: L’Étranger
- Escape from Universe 25: Mars One
- “I or Me” Seeks
- Tea Before the Train Hits
- Stuck in a Portrait
- The Misguided Quest for Happiness
- Children of Anarchy: Gotta Catch ‘Em All
- Lemon Hints and Dear “Sushi”
- The Uncanny Phenomenon
- The Dark Side of Being-in-Somewhere-Else
- Long Live Heavy Metal
- Demons to Rescue: When the Fear Itself Becomes a Weapon for Survival
- The Minute
- To Be Me
- Chess and Nakedness
- Just Before the Dawn
- Beauty Spots of the Mere Existence